Waterproof trekking pants are an integral part of trekking when you are at the top of the mountain enjoying a mesmerizing view of the mountain. Like trekking shoes or down-jackets, there are many features need to be considered while buying waterproof trekking pants. Here we define some of the factors which can help you to decide to choose the best pair of waterproof trekking pants.
There are various brands and models are available in the market and many of them cream has the best waterproof trekking pants stop but, you need to know what are the features you should look forward selecting your lower companion.
If you are planning for long trekking trip you may need a pair that you can glissade in or, convert into shorts in warm days. When you are hiking through boulders and rough terrain, you may require a pair of waterproof trekking pants. They stand up to the challenges of a rugged environment. Manufacturers have a variety of options which can serve your requirement while hiking.
Types of waterproof trekking pants
As per the style and usefulness, we have bi-furcated the category of waterproof trekking pants into two types. The first one is traditional long pant and another is a convertible pair that zips off into shorts. Let’s discuss in detail all the pros and cons of waterproof trekking pants.
Standard waterproof trekking pants are suitable for cold or wet weather. The materials in the waterproof trekking pants are flexible to move your leg comfortably. Even the material is abrasion-proof. If you rub the material against a stony uneven track on your trail, the trouser will not damage. If you are planning for long trekking trips or expedition, at least one pair of standard waterproof trekking pants should be your best companion.
Convertible trekking pants have a zipper at the knee. It allows unzipping and removing the lower part of the pant. The pant turns into a short. Many hikers love weekend trekking plan and they love to wear casual style. For them, convertible trouser will score better. Another benefit of this convertible pant is that you can wash the lower part when it is muddy. Even without opening the whole bottom part you can open the zip little bit to vent air in your leg.
Let’s explore the features you need to look up while selecting trekking trouser:
Fitting and mobility
We prefer waterproof trekking pants to be fit and comfortable but not restrictive. Some people may prefer a looser fit but as per our experience, baggy feet trouser is heavier. The baggy trouser flaps in the wind and gets caught at the trail-side bush. On the other hand, if your hiking pant is too tight, it will hinder your mobility and makes you feel uncomfortable. The hiking trouser models with articulated knees and gusseted crotches will be the most comfortable and offer mobility.
It is also worth to have an elastic waist of your trekking trouser. For a long trek, the trekkers lose belly fat due to long exertion of the journey. Their waist size reduces. If your trouser is harnessed by a belt with an elastic waist, it will be a good fit for you. So, search for waterproof trekking pants with the integrated belt and an elastic waist for better adjustment.
Though most of the trekking pants suits in a range of weather conditions still, there are some factors for which you have to buy trekking trouser separately. Some trekking pants insulate you in cool or wet condition and some protect you from the dry heat waves. Summer camping may inspire you to wear convertible pants to make it short. It is also important to look for the breathability of your trouser. Too much perspiration from your lower body may also be a problem. Ensure that your hiking pant is water repellent. Many manufacturers use durable water repellent coating on the outside of trousers. It does not mean they are waterproof but they can resist little shower.
Stitching and pockets
Stitching of your waterproof trekking trousers is essential to consider as you are using this trouser roughly. The stitching must be strong and the crotch should be gusseted. You may require multiple pockets to keep your essentials while hiking. Check the number of pockets on your hiking trouser.
Here is the list of trekking pants –
- Synthetic fabric provides breathability and highly reduced drying time.
- Lightweight synthetic fabric allows body heat to escape.
- 4 front pockets (2 with fastening), 1 thigh pocket and 1 back pocket with zip.
- Composition : Main fabric : 85.0% Polyamide, Main fabric : 15.0% Elasthane Yoke (General) : 86.0% Polyamide, Yoke (General) : 14.0% Elasthane.
- 2 Years Warranty.
- Material:Cotton Blend pants dance harem pants drawstring wide legging royal blue jeans yoga pants petite power flex capri cheap american apparel yoga pants...
- black leggings workout leggings leggings for women women's leggings white leggings high waisted leggings printed leggings pink leggings grey leggings...
- plus size leggings yoga pants for women cotton yoga pants for women straight leg yoga pants for women plus size yoga pants for women long yoga pants for...
- wide leg yoga pants for woman straight leg yoga pants skinny leg yoga pants yoga wide leg pants for women plus size yoga pants wide leg womens yoga pants...
- khaki pants for women trousers for women ladies trousers white pants for women womens navy trousers ladies black trousers trousers for women high waist...
- camouflage cargo boys mens polyster training gyming designed exercise jogging running printed sports cycling workout yoga and all fitness activities gents...
- men's regular fit denim jeans stretchable fabric light slim skinny mid rise mildly wash pants black stretch jogger cotton rich lounge shorts blended capri...
- gym quick dry swim board surfing trunks world printing beach breathable swimwear wear briefs stitching color letter casual chinos blend trouser style...
- Please check the size chart before purchase.
- Keeping you warm for fall or cold weather outdoor activities such as cycling running jogging hunting or fishing
- Material dacron
- Good gift for your friends or yourself
- Color bluegray
Apart from trekking trousers, if you also require best trekking shoes, you can read the blog.