Night trekking near Bangalore is such an enriching, energizing and invigorating experience that is sure to rejuvenate your senses and revitalize your heart. Moreover, it will fill you up with energy, thrill and restore passion for life. Trekking in the darkness of night is such a thrilling experience which you cannot even get at your favorite pub. In the morning, after you have finished night trekking, you will wake up to the sound of nature, chirping of the birds and have the privilege of witnessing the glorious sunrise — all such experiences you can’t have from materialistic satisfaction.
If you wish to escape the huzz and buzz of city life, then pack your backpack and be ready to hit the trails after the sunset. Moreover, Bangalore has the finest of trekking places whereby you will find all the major names here.
Weekend trekking in Bangalore will bring you closer to nature and allow you to enjoy its scenic beauty. At present, trekking in South India is gaining a lot of ground. There are several trekking sites in and around Bangalore. As an adventure enthusiast, looking forward to night trekking near Bangalore, you must follow this section carefully.
Reasons for night trekking in Bangalore
• Adventure junkies love to undertake night trekking in Bangalore. In Bangalore, there are several hills, rivers, lakes, and forests. Indeed, Bangalore has a rich biodiversity.
• The weather of Bangalore is beautiful enough to make the entire experience a rejuvenating one
• Hiking in the Western Ghats brings one closer to nature as there are nearly thousands of varieties of animals and plants. Western Ghats is UNESCO World Heritage Site.
• Most of the hiking trails or hiking sites are comfortable and perfect for beginners.
• Karnataka is the best hiking destination in entire South India. The land is full of forests, hills, caves, and waterfalls. Hiking in Bangalore is indeed the best way to experience nature and a bit of adrenaline rush
In short, there are fabulous trekking destinations near Bangalore, and the beautiful, mild weather adds to the charm. Night trekking packages in Bangalore are also available quite easily. Among all the trekking destinations in Bangalore, Savandurga Night Trek you may have never experienced before. Trekking in Savandurga gives you breathtaking views of the largest monolith while you trail through generations of bygone days. Kunti Betta Trek is again the most popular places to hike in Bangalore. It has rocks, boulders, grassland and a variety of terrains to offer to a trekking enthusiast. Here is the list of top 5 trekking places in Bangalore for night trekking.
Anthargange Night Trek for hiking, climbing and cave exploration
Do you know what does Anthargange imply? It implies Inner Spring, and this spring originated from the hills and flowed through the bull statue in the Kashi Vishwanath Temple. Here are key points to hiking at Anthargange Night Trek:
• Anthargange night trek is 80kms from Bangalore which gives an opportunity for hiking, camping, and trekking.
• The difficulty level is easy to moderate whereby you come across huge rocks, and then passing through dense forest area; you see mysterious volcanic rocks.
• Spend your night by the bonfire and wake up to the view of the rising sun. Besides, do carry extra memory cards for you have plenty of opportunities to click beautiful pictures.
• The best time for trekking would be between October to March. When the monsoon has cleared, go for trekking in Anthargange.
At Anthargange night trek, you will create lifetime memories.
Kunti Betta night trek: the pocket-friendly trekking option
Kunti Betta in Bangalore refers to the two hills camouflaged with lush vegetation paddy fields, sugarcane, and coconut trees. Being 125 km away from Bangalore, Kunti Betta is the exact place where Kunti stayed during her exile. Kunti is the mother of 5 Pandavas. All through the trek, you will move through the dense forest, enjoy the views of beautiful valleys and see Kundi Kund located at the bottom. Night trekking in Kunti Betta is pocket-friendly and an easy option for the amateur trekkers. However, you should avoid trekking in the monsoon season as the rocks can be dangerously slippery. Move to Kuntibetta from October to May.
Skandagiri night trek for camping in Bangalore
Night trekking in Bangalore is a popular activity that one takes during the weekend. The mountain fortress, Skandagiri, is a suitable night trekking destination in Bangalore. Here are the main highlights:
• It is 68 kilometers away from Bangalore whereby the trek starts from the foothills of Kalwara village.
• The trek is simple and perfect for novices, housing Goddess Parvati and the local deities.
• Skandagiri Night Trek has an accent of approximately 8kms whereby you will come across greenery and dense vegetation.
• There are two caves upon the hills that lead to the temples.
• Skandagiri night trek is perfect for a hiking adventure in winters
Savandurga Night Trek: a challenging night trek
• Savandurga night trek is 60kilometers away from Bangalore and is one of the most challenging treks.
• The largest Monolith, Savandurga comprises two different peaks, namely, ‘Karigudda’ and ‘Biligudda.’ Both of them act as trekking zones to the top.
• Trekking in ‘Savandurga’ requires extreme caution as the name ‘Savandurga’ itself implies a ‘Death Fort.’
• The best time to visit Savandurga trek would be during the winters.
• Savandurga is a 5km trek which gives mesmerizing views from the top
Ramnagara Night Trek known for its mesmerizing topography
It is essential to ask the trekking organizers in Bangalore to include Ramnagara trek in the package. Ramnagara night trek is 50kms away from the central city. Ramnagara trek is famous for its topography which comprises of rocks and boulders. It is a renowned trek for it gives a variety of adventure opportunities to the adventure junkies in the form of rock climbing, rock traversing, rappelling, etc. If you are trekking for the first time, you must avoid Ramnagara night trek for the slopes are steep.
Ramnagara in Bangalore is the most beautiful destination to hang out and the leading trekking areas. Located 50kms away from the Bangalore central city, Ramnagara is best for trekking and night camping. Enjoy plenty of adventure sports here.
Night trekking packages in Bangalore must be booked in advance to avoid last minute rush. Bangalore, the IT hub, the capital of Karnataka is regarded as the most beautiful travel destination in India. Most of the hikes in Bangalore are perfect for winter season. You can’t skip the Western Ghats that you must visit only after the completion of winters. Apart from the above mentioned top 5 places for night trekking in Bangalore, there are several others. Finally, what matters is the difficulty level, the time of the year it is and the time you can allot.